Thursday 13 June 2013

Disco Pants

If you have come over here from Beauty-Crew you may have picked up that I am a bit of a serial shopper. Some call it normal some call it an addiction depends who I am with but whatever. I love it. 

I love that feeling you get when you get home with a whole bag of new lovely sparkly things try them all on and pretend to be in your own fashion show.

Now we all know online shopping doesn't exactly have the same buzz as coming home with arms full of bags but sometimes it can be good and sometimes it can suck. 

Today my friendlings, it sucked. I have been umming and arring over Disco Pants for about 6 months, at first I thought they were only for skinny as hell girls who want to pretend they are in the 80's. Then I saw Demi Lovato wearing them.. multiple times all over the place. Planes, concerts, radio shows. You get my point she loves them and therefore there must be something good. 

So on Tuesday night when the ASOS own brand Disco pants went on sale they had to be bought. I was so excited after reading how comfy and versatile they are as a whole but after a few specific reviews to the ASOS ones I realised it was probably a mistake to not splash the cash on the American Apparel ones. 

First up, Disco pants are comfy and it doesn't matter if you are a size 4 or an 18. As long as you get the right size they will flatter you. 

Second thing, don't buy ASOS ones unless you have a very long body. I however do not. 
The zip on them went so high up my stomach I was feeling like Sandy in Grease at the end. *you're the one that I want ooo ooo oooo HONEY!*

These disco pants were in my ownership all of 45 minutes before they went back to the Collect+ office to go back to ASOS. The big zipper thing isn't the only issue, the crotch gapes/creases at the slightest movement (see pic). Not attractive! 
They are also long. Even the regular length had an extra 3-4 inches spare and I am 5"3 so no I am not tiny but I am just on the cusp of the petite range. My next issue was the button on the waistband, it was sewn on so poorly it felt like after 2-3 wears it would ping off. Not the worst thing in the world unless you are out when it happens. 

Basically, I am going to save my pennies for the real things or maybe try Topshop first, after all they are the ones Demi loves.. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme images by enjoynz. Powered by Blogger.